👟💼 Take the next step toward becoming an engineering lead or manager
💻 Expand your technical and architecture capabilities 💪 Deepen understanding of your strengths and ability to showcase them 🎯 Hone in on projects and activities that will help you reach your goals ✊ Understand and empower individuals around you
If what you read here resonates with you, we would love for you to fill out the interest form below!
We've talked to dozens of engineers like you with 5-10 years of experience and heard that you commonly struggle with:
- 🤼 Wrestling with imposter syndrome and building your confidence, especially as an engineer from an underrepresented background.
- 💪 Embracing your strengths and worth, and making them clear to others.
- ⏲️ Managing and protecting your time in order to focus on projects and activities that help you reach your personal learning goals.
- 🚵 Pathfinding your way through your organization, whether as an individual contributor or a manager.
- 🦋 Evolving into a facilitator of technical discussions.
- 🏆 Championing the human conversations and care you believe should exist on your team.
Achieving technical productivity, leadership and impact does not require sacrificing human connection and empowerment.
From everything we have experienced and observed, we have developed deep conviction that the opposite is true.
Being intentional about integrating career growth for yourself and others into broader engineering planning and execution requires:
- knowing yourself
- developing long-term relationships with others built on trust and authenticity
- helping them surface, unpack and make actionable their awareness of what work means to them and obtain conviction about the next steps on the path
- aligning how their day-to-day and month-to-month projects and opportunities helps them get there
- enabling others to take on greater challenges that help you grow your technical and leadership capabilities
- recognizing when your or their growth trajectory might require going somewhere else to become the best version of yourself and themselves.
The Fellowship Experience
We designed The Meta Fellowship to help you strengthen these abilities via a 6-week experience with a hand-selected group of like-minded engineers seeking to grow themselves and others.
What you get in the cohort experience
Guidance and facilitation from leaders with decades of experience enabling others to build meaningful technical careers via:
- 📽 6x weekly 90 min expert-facilitated group Zoom sessions.
- 🥋 2x 1:1 coaching sessions (30 min) included between group sessions.
- 🌱 A community of like-minded peers.
- 🌟 Clarity and actionable insights.
- 🦁 A brave space for conversation with others, deeper reflection and learning, and unlocking the wisdom of the group for personal and professional growth.
- 🧠 The opportunity to braintrust live technical and architecture challenges you are facing with peers and via 1:1 coaching.
- 💳 Offered at $300 for the initial cohort.*
* If the price is an issue, but this resonates with you, we encourage you to apply and let us know in the application! We want to build a sustainable community and organization around this, but access is of the utmost important to us!
Our curriculum is based on years of hands-on experience developing people in organizations from the inside out.
When Does the Next Cohort Begin?
We are planning to launch the first Meta Fellowship Cohort on October 18th, 2021.
Who We Are
Karen and Fu are two technology leaders who have been dreaming and building together for more than four years across three continents. Between them, they've founded edtech companies, mentorship NGOs, built and run online and offline schools, taught machine learning and computer science, and led teams at the executive level in large tech companies. They are committed to understanding how to lead from the whole self and for the whole self.
- Has helped 8 companies grow from less than 10 people to 50, 100 and beyond
- CTO of PropTech company Dwelo, which deals with both hardware and software
- Built backend engineering and data science teams for Quizlet, an edtech company that has raised >$62 mm from investors incl. General Atlantic and USV
- Wrote high frequency trading algorithms for Two Sigma
- MIT graduate
- Has built online and offline learning experiences for thousands of people
- Product Manager of an online program training thousands of developers for the African Leadership Group, which has raised >$350 mm from investors incl. the Mastercard Foundation and Omidyar
- Co-founder and CEO of Streetlight Schools backed by the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation
- Wharton MBA drop out
Are you ready to join a community built to help you grow yourself and your career?
If these career challenges and our technical leadership message resonate with you, then we invite you to fill out the waitlist and we will reach out!
Have questions? Feel free to get in touch with us via firstname.lastname@example.org!